We can also try to be a positive role model and to lead by example. If we try our best to be like Jesus, others will aspire to do the same. Strive to be selfless and look for ways to help others and to put them first. I Corinthians 11:1 says "Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ." All of us make hundreds of choices every day. Most choices have no right or wrong attached to them - like what you eat. But we always face decisions that carry a little more weight. We don't want to do wrong and we don't want to cause others to do wrong, so how can we make such decisions? Paul's attitude was not arrogant when he said "Follow my example." Rather, he was trying to point these new Christians to Christ and what better way than to point them to a Christian whom they trusted. If you or your teen is choosing one course of action ask...
- Does it help my witness for Christ?
- Am I motivated by a desire to help others know Christ?
- Does it help me do my best?
- Am I thinking only of myself, or do I truly care about the other person?
- Am I acting lovingly or selfishly?
- Does it glorify God?
- Will it cause someone else to sin?
Lord, teach us to follow your lead, to give of ourselves and to show others your love. Hold our hands as we try to lead others to you. Remind us that you will guide every step we take. Amen.